Friday, August 3, 2007

Yah...so I suck at this

But that's okay, because nobody...I mean NOBODY even knows about this blog yet, so if it takes me a while to get in the hang of this that's okay!

Official weekly poop count:

Kids: 4 or 5 assisted cleanups
Dog: 1 million 10 unassisted cleanups.

My dog wins the poop contest hands down. That is because she pretty much only poops in the house. I am going to start a new contest on who moves out first, the dog, my kids or me. I am thinking that within a matter of weeks, or maybe days, it's going to be me or the dog.

The problem with getting rid of the dog is my hubby is against it. At the same time, I am the one who cleans up the majority of the poop, literally, in this house. Plus, the dog is so darn cute. It's not her fault that her previous owners never trained her and then apparently dumped her. However, we have had no success in getting her trained, and she is destructive, a bit wild and gross.


"Save me...I am a cute puppy with a poopy issue"

So onto brighter things, like "adding to the beauty". Here is my first contribution:


My daughter helps me see the world through her eyes. Last weekend we were staying at my dad's house. After she woke up she bounced out to the kitchen to wish good morning on her grandpa. She twirled between two words and bounced up at the end of her sentence. How come adults don't do that? We (adults) are entirely too jaded and take ourselves waaaaaaaayyyyyyy to seriously. I would be afraid that if I tried my daughter's dance moves with the checkout person at Target I might get banned from the store though. I might have to try by just finding her joy in the simple things in life, like fitting buttons down a broken curtain rod. Now that's some serious Friday night fun.

Ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.